The fresh flavour and heat of Zhoug works well with a soft goat’s cheese. Combining these in a frittata with seasonal vegetables creates a vegetable packed dish with heaps of flavour. The vegetables that are used can be changed to reflect what is in season.
- Heat an oven to 175C/Fan 155C/Gas Mark 3. Place the vegetables on a tray and cover with 2tbsp Olive Oil, salt and pepper, then toss to combine. Place in the oven and roast for thirty minutes or until the vegetables have all softened. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, add the Zhoug and beat until well combined.
- Turn your grill on to a medium to high heat. Alternatively, you can just place the frittata in the oven if your pan is oven proof – if this is the case, heat your oven to 170C/Fan 150C/Gas Mark 3.
- Pour the remaining Olive Oil into a medium to large non-stick frying pan, set on a low to medium heat. When hot, add the eggs and a minute later follow with the vegetables. Leave to cook until a crust has formed around the outside. Place the goat’s cheese on top then place under the grill for 3-4 minutes or until the eggs have set and the cheese has melted.
- Remove from the heat then leave for five minutes before serving. Serve with fresh Zhoug on top.