Yorkshire Puddings stuffed with Truffle & Artichoke Pesto and Balsamic Onions
Take your Yorkshire Puddings up a level with indulgent Truffle & Artichoke Pesto, Balsamic Onions and rare beef. These are a real crowd-pleaser that will keep everybody happy. The beef and fillings can be prepared ahead of time, but the Yorkshires are best served hot, straight from the oven.
150g plain flour
150ml whole milk
150ml cold water
4 eggs, beaten
400g mushrooms (mixed variety if possible), thinly sliced
350ml vegetable oil or beef dripping
400g sliced roast beef
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl. In a separate bowl, mix the milk and cold water together, then add a little of this to the beaten eggs. Make a well in the middle of the flour and add the egg mixture to the flour, whisking to combine until you have a thick paste. Then begin to add the milk until you have a loose, smooth batter. Pour the batter into a jug and rest the batter in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Heat an oven to 210C/Fan 190C/Gas Mark 6, then toss the mushrooms with the Olive Oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread the mushrooms on a baking tray and cook for 10-15 minutes, until coloured and beginning to crisp. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- When ready to cook the Yorkshire Puddings, place your muffin tray on a sturdy baking sheet and divide the remaining oil/dripping between the wells. Place the tray in the oven and allow 10-15 minutes for the oil in the tray to get hot.
- Have your batter ready to pour, then remove the tray from the oven and fill each well about 2/3 full with the batter. Place back in the oven and close the door – try to do this step as quickly as possible.
- Cook the Yorkshires for 15-20 minutes until crisp and golden. Do not open the oven while the puddings are cooking, otherwise they will not rise.
- Remove the Yorkshires from the tray and whilst hot, break open the pudding and add a spoonful of the Truffle & Artichoke Pesto, followed by a slice of beef, mushroom and Balsamic Onions. Serve as a side or a main course.
Included in this Recipe
Truffle & Artichoke Pesto
A blend of black truffles from Piedmont, artichokes from Puglia and aged Parmigiano Reggiano.
Balsamic Borettane Onions
Showstopping antipasti made from Puglian Borretane onions and Balsamico di Modena IGP Chilled Product
Early Harvest Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Single varietal, stone crushed, cold extracted, Extra Virgin Olive Oil made from the first Arbequina olives of the season.