Truffle and Artichoke Pesto Risotto with Wild Garlic
Add an indulgent flavour to your risotto by adding Truffle & Artichoke Pesto.
1 onion, peeled and finely diced
2 celery sticks, finely diced
200ml white wine
2.5L hot vegetable or chicken stock
75g wild garlic, washed (parsley, chives or basil would work)
100g grated Parmesan
100g unsalted butter, cold and diced
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place a large saucepan on a medium heat and when hot, add the Olive Oil, onion and celery. Cook for 15 minutes until softened and sweet, turning down the heat if they begin to colour.
- Add the rice to the pan, turn up the heat and season well with salt, while stirring and coating in the oil for around 2 minutes.
- Add the wine to the pan and continue to stir the risotto until the wine has evaporated.
- Begin to add the hot stock one ladle at a time, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon or plastic spatula until absorbed. Continue to do this for around 15 minutes, only adding stock once the previous ladle has been absorbed. Check to see how cooked the rice is, then continue to add the stock, adding a little less each time until the rice is cooked to your liking.
- Finely chop the wild garlic and add to the pan along with the Pesto, Parmesan and butter. Cover with the lid and leave to rest for two minutes.
- Then, using a wooden spoon, beat the risotto vigorously for a minute to emulsify. If the risotto looks slightly too thick you can let it down with a smidgen more stock.
- Divide between bowls and serve immediately. Top with a little more Pesto if you would like.