Tomato, Mozzarella and Ve-Du-Ya Pizza
Try out our new Ve-du-ya a vegan take on the spicy Calabrian sausage. This vegan version melts down on the pizza and behaves similarly to the real thing. Be careful when loading up on the ve-do-ya it packs a bit of heat! Use pre-made dough to save time or keep the whole thing home-made and make your own. If you’re using an oven, make sure it’s as hot as it can go.
- 2 pizza dough balls
- Plain flour for shaping the bases
- ½ tin good quality chopped tomatoes
- 250g mozzarella
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp ve-do-ya
- Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Heat your oven to its maximum setting.
- Dust your work surface with a generous amount of flour then use your hands to shape the dough into a circle around 20cm wide. You can use a rolling pin to make it easier if you wish. Shake off the excess flour then place the dough on a baking sheet. Spread a layer of tomato sauce over the base, leaving 2-3cm clear around the edge, shred the basil over the top and season with salt and pepper. Rip the mozzarella into small pieces and dot over the tomato sauce, then spoon small amounts of ve-do-ya around the pizza.
- Bake in the oven for 4-5 minutes, so that the edges have puffed up and turned golden and crisp, then remove, drizzle with olive oil and serve.
Included in this Recipe
Early Harvest Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Single varietal, stone crushed, cold extracted, Extra Virgin Olive Oil made from the first Arbequina olives of the season.
Cornicabra Extra Virgin Olive Oil 500ml
Spanish single varietal extra virgin olive oil made from olives grown in Andalucia, this oil is perfect for cooking and for making dressings.
Crete Gold Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Crete Gold 5L
Romeo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Cornicabra olives give this oil its characteristic fruitiness and robust finish
Pepe® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
A suffusion of Arbequina oils from Lleida, Catalonia