Rose Harissa Macaroni and Cheese
This recipe is from Tom in our Sales Team. He has raised the bar for the ultimate home comfort food by adding Rose Harissa to macaroni and cheese. Made as part of the Belazu Cooking Club, tag #Belazucookingclub if you make this recipe!
3tbsp plain flour
1L whole milk
200g mature cheddar cheese, grated
1tsp Dijon Mustard
100g goat’s cheese
600g dried pasta/macaroni
3tbsp Rose Harissa, let down with a bit of water
60g bread pulled into chunks
100g Parmesan, grated
Small handful of Cornichons, sliced
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Set the oven to 200C/Fan 180C/Gas Mark 6. On a low heat, melt the butter and flour in a saucepan then add the milk while whisking continuously. Remove the pan from the heat and add the grated cheddar, mustard and goats cheese, stirring until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside until later.
- Put a large heavily salted pan of water on a high heat. Add the Pasta and par boil for 5 minutes, then remove from heat and drain.
- Add the pasta to the cheese sauce and mix well, add some of the pasta cooking water if needed to make a nice runny consistency. Pour the mix into a oven-proof dish and drop pools of Rose Harissa evenly on top of the pasta.
- Toss the bread chunks in Early Harvest olive oil and thyme leaves, spread on top of the mix. Finish the toppings by evenly covering with grated Parmesan.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Before serving sprinkle with sliced Cornichons.