Rose Buttermilk Panna Cotta with Date, Pecan, Rum and Pomegranate Molasses Syrup
Giovanna Ryan from Three Girls Cook made this dessert as part of their Pomegranate Molasses three ways. This dish was demoed by Giovanna on the Belazu stand at Thame Food Festival.
2 1/2 Sheets gelatin
400ml Double cream
2 tbsp Rosewater
20 Dates, stones removed
200ml Dark rum
50g Dark brown sugar
100ml Pomegranate Molasses
- Soak the gelatin in cold water for 10 minutes.
- Gently heat the cream and sugar until the sugar is dissolved.
- Squeeze out the gelatin and stir into the cream until dissolved.
- Add the rosewater and buttermilk. Stir to combine and pour the mixture into four moulds or ramekins. Leave to set for around 4 hours in the fridge.
- Soak the dates in rum for at least an hour.
- Once soaked, heat the dates, rum, brown sugar and pomegranate molasses over a medium heat until the liquid is thick and syrupy. Add the pecans
- Turn out the pana cottas and serve with the syrup, dates and pecans.