Roasted Sea Bream with Crisp Potato Cakes & Sautéed Courgettes
Gorgeous light fresh main or fish course with a zesty spicy edge coming through from our signature paste, Chermoula.
4‐5 tbsp Early Harvest Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt & black pepper
400g large floury potatoes e.g. Maris Piper,
skin on quartered
4 whole sea bream, scaled and gutted
(approx. 300g per fish)
100g coriander stalks and leaves very finely
chopped, plus extra leaves to garnish
6 tsp Chermoula
3 medium courgettes cut into ribbons with a
peeler, discard the core
50g toasted pine nuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Place the potatoes in a large pan of salted water and bring to the boil for 5 mins, drain and set aside to cool.
- Make 3 slashes on both sides of each fish. Mix the coriander with 2 tbsp of Chermoula and rub into the cavities and slashes of each fish. Place in a baking tray, coat with 1 tbsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cover with foil, set aside.
- Grate the cooled potato coarsely into a bowl, season with salt and pepper and 1 tbsp Chermoula, combine gently by hand.
- Cook the fish in the oven for 15 mins. Uncover for a further 5 mins.
- Meanwhile, place a large non‐stick frying pan on medium heat and add 2‐3 tbsp Earl Harvest Extra Virgin Olive Oil, spoon the grated potato into the pan in four circles, press each down with the back of a fork, fry undisturbed for 8‐10 mins on each side, remove and keep warm.
- In the same pan heat 1 tbsp Early Harvest Extra Virgin Olive Oil, add the courgette ribbons and a pinch of salt; sauté for 1‐2 mins.
- Serve the potato cakes on warm serving plates, top with the fish and garnish with the pine nuts, coriander and courgette ribbons.
Included in this Recipe
Early Harvest Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Single varietal, stone crushed, cold extracted, Extra Virgin Olive Oil made from the first Arbequina olives of the season.
Fresh coriander and hand-picked parsley, blended with other traditional Mediterranean ingredients, including our Beldi preserved lemons, for a warm, intense flavour with a hint of citrus.