Chocolate Pancakes with Salted Caramel and Tahini
If you look for an excuse to have Tahini with every meal, then we have sorted your Pancake Day recipe! By finishing these pancakes with a drizzle of Tahini you get a great balance of savoury Tahini flavour paired with a sweetness from the salted caramel and chocolate pancakes.
- Sieve the flour and cocoa into a large bowl, then make a well in the middle and add the beaten eggs and then the milk, slowly whisking to combine all the ingredients. Cover and leave the batter to rest for 30 minutes.
- Add sugar, salt and water to a medium sized pan over a medium heat, leave until the sugar is dissolved and starting to bubble slightly.
- Increase heat to medium-high and cook until it reaches 175C/155C/Gas Mark 3 on your sugar thermometer (or if you do not have one until it is golden brown). Remove from the heat once it reaches this point.
- Once removed from the heat, add in the butter and cream, mixing well with a wooden spoon – be careful as this is very hot and will bubble up. Leave to cool slightly while you cook your pancakes.
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium to high heat and when hot, add a small amount of oil to the pan. Then pour in enough of the batter to coat the bottom of the pan. Cook on one side until you see small bubbles appearing, then flip and cook on the other side for one minute. Remove the pancake from the pan and repeat with the remaining batter until used up.
- Serve the pancakes with the salted caramel sauce and banana inside. Drizzle the Tahini over the top – these are best served hot.
Included in this Recipe
Early Harvest Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Single varietal, stone crushed, cold extracted, Extra Virgin Olive Oil made from the first Arbequina olives of the season.
Skilfully roasted to release a rich, nutty, balanced flavour, our Tahini is then slowly double ground to create a creamy texture and a glossy finish.