Chermoula sea trout with turmeric roast cauliflower & pomegranate
Anna Hansen’s fusion cooking blends the best of sustainable, British, seasonal produce with unusual flavours and textures from around the globe. She now heads her own successful eatery, The Modern Pantry, where her eclectic, creative cuisine shines.
Chermoula Baked Sea Trout
• 800g sea trout, fillets
• 4 tbsp Chermoula
• 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
• 3 tsp cumin seed, toasted and ground
• 2 tsp fresh turmeric, minced
• 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
• 1 banana shallot, finely diced
• 2 lemons, zest and juice
• ½ bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
• ½ bunch coriander, chopped
• 1 tsp Maldon salt
• 60ml Early Harvest Olive Oil
- Trim the sea trout fillets. Mix the remaining ingredients together in a bowl to make the Chermoula marinade then smother the fish. Leave to marinate for ½ hour then either grill on the BBQ or bake in the oven at 180C for 8 mins or so until the fish is just cooked through.
- Whisk the Tahini, lemon juice and water together adding more water (or lemon juice) if necessary to achieve the consistency of double cream and season to taste.
- Toss the cauliflower with the turmeric, garlic and some Early Harvest Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Season and roast at 200C for 10 mins or so until starting to caramelise. Remove from oven and add lemon zest. Allow to cool a little then add pomegranate and coriander. Adjust seasoning.
- Spoon a generous amount of cauliflower on to a plate. Lay the sea trout on top and dress liberally with the Zhoug Tahini cream.
Included in this Recipe
Early Harvest Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Single varietal, stone crushed, cold extracted, Extra Virgin Olive Oil made from the first Arbequina olives of the season.
Skilfully roasted to release a rich, nutty, balanced flavour, our Tahini is then slowly double ground to create a creamy texture and a glossy finish.
An intensely herbal paste that adds fresh, spicy notes to grilled vegetables, chicken and lamb
Fresh coriander and hand-picked parsley, blended with other traditional Mediterranean ingredients, including our Beldi preserved lemons, for a warm, intense flavour with a hint of citrus.