Baked Sea Bass Parcels with Tomatoes & Black Olive Paste
A few simple touches compliment the freshness of the fish, adding Mediterranean flavour without ever overpowering it. Team with your favourite potato dish for dinner or weekend lunch. So easy to do, it works great for a dinner party.
Sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
2 x 30cm square pieces of greaseproof paper
1 red pepper sliced into strips
2 medium tomatoes, sliced and sprinkled with salt flakes
6-8 large basil leaves
2 tsp Black Olive Tapenade
2 sea bass fillets
Optional to serve: Boiled, buttered baby new potatoes or Jersey royal potatoes
- Preheat the oven and baking tray to 180C. Coat each piece of greaseproof paper with 1 tsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil,
- Pile equal amounts of peppers, tomatoes, basil leaves in the centre of each piece of greaseproof, top with fish, skin side down. Tuck any ends of basil under the fish to prevent discolouring.
- Spread the Black Olive Tapenade onto the white part of the fish and season with salt and black pepper.
- To form parcels fold two sides of the paper together well and scrunch the ends to close.
- Cook in the oven for 10-12 minutes; bring to the table in the paper and serve with hot buttered potatoes.