In these unprecedented times we want to share with our customers, suppliers and the general public, how we are responding to the challenges that we are facing due to COVID-19. The Belazu Ingredient Company remains operational, we are monitoring the situation closely and taking appropriate action in line with the latest advice from the government and official health organisations.
As a business that supplies primarily into foodservice, we have been heavily impacted in the past few weeks. However, we are grateful that we can continue supplying ingredients to our valued customers on our website, and in supermarkets.
Below are some of the actions that we are taking:
Social Distancing for our employees:
Additional precautions put in place to protect all warehouse and production staff so that they can continue to make and pack products without their safety being compromised. Some of these precautions include:
• Staggered lunchtimes and restricted the canteen to 20 employees at a time from a normal capacity of 60, ensuring people can eat 2 metres apart
• Hand sanitiser issued as they enter the canteen
• Regular team briefings and posters in all production areas reminding staff about social distancing
• Area supervisors monitor social distancing between employees
Contact Free Deliveries:
All our Belazu.com deliveries are currently undertaken by DPD who operate via a contact free delivery process recognising that some people may be self-isolating and unwilling or unable to open their door to receive parcels
They have a range of delivery options for everyone:
• Customers can download the DPD app and set their delivery preferences to leave in a safe place.
• If customers don’t have the DPD app they can select ”leave in safe place’ on their email notification
• Customers can now leave a note on their front door telling DPD where to leave their parcel and our drivers will take a photo.
• Without the leave in a safe place instruction, drivers will not deliver the parcel
Working from home:
All staff are working from home where possible. We are conscious that these can be lonely and isolating times, so we are ensuring that our staff who are working from home and who are on-site have access to mental and physical health support. Some of the activities our employees can get involved in during this time include:
• Live streamed yoga every Tuesdays and Thursdays
• Live streamed meditation every Monday and Wednesday
• A daily Tea and Talk with small buddy groups
• Groups to share a funny story and a catchy song every day
• WhatsApp Groups to share a daily happy story, songs, recipe, drawing, brain puzzle or picture
• Friday themed quiz online and in the office
• All Belazu staff will receive a box with fresh food from Wellocks and Belazu products
• The #BelazuCookingClub where employees and our customers are encouraged to share their Belazu creations whilst working from home, you can get involved on social media or if you’re not on social media please send your creations to email@example.com
Supporting our local community:
We are acutely aware that there are many vulnerable people who will struggle in the following weeks. We continue to support and allocate funds to our charity partners including:
• We keep providing local charities with surplus food through Plan Zheroes
• We are supporting Josh Katz’s restaurant Berber & You (previously Berber & Q) to provide meals for NHS staff by supplying products – https://www.gofundme.com/f/berber–you
• We will be donating products to local food banks
• We have donated 2000 jars produced as part of the Fresh Enterprise scheme to local schools
Charitable action happening within the William Jackson Food Group
• Jackson’s Bakery is donating 5,000 loaves a week to several different hospitals for frontline NHS staff. They’re also supporting Fareshare, a homelessness charity in Hull, and supplying hospices with bread
• Bakery colleagues are taking bread home for their vulnerable neighbours
• The Food Doctor is donating products to NHS staff in Hull and potentially London
• Wellocks are feeding their local health trust staff with food boxes
• MyFresh are delivering veg boxes to vulnerable people
We hope that this reassures our customers that we are reacting to the challenges we face and that our primary focus is on the safety of our staff, customers and suppliers, while also continuing to support our community and supply your ingredients.
George & Adam