Winter Vegetable Bread Salad with Balsamic Tomatoes and Rose Harissa Yoghurt
With a hearty base of Jerusalem artichokes, beetroot, parsnips and bread, this recipe is a filling, seasonal take on panzanella. Tangy Balsamic Tomatoes and a spicy Rose Harissa yoghurt dressing top the warm, vegan root vegetable salad.
5/6 small Jerusalem artichokes, cleaned and cut in half lengthways
3 carrots, tops removed and cut into 2cm chunks
2 celery sticks, cut into diagonal chunks
2 parsnips, quartered, cored and cut into chunks
2 golden beetroot, peeled and cut into small wedges
200g focaccia, torn into chunks
200g coconut yoghurt
1tbsp Rose Harissa (add more if you like extra heat)
200g kale, stalks removed, cleaned and roughly shredded
½ jar Balsamic Tomatoes, drained of oil
2tbsp Merlot Vinegar
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200C/Fan 180C/Gas Mark 6. Place the cut and peeled vegetables onto two separate trays and drizzle with 3tbsp Olive Oil, season with salt and pepper and roast in the oven for 30 minutes. When the vegetables are cooked, remove them from the oven and set aside.
- Five minutes before the vegetables are cooked, place the cut focaccia onto a baking tray and toss in salt, pepper and the remaining Olive Oil. Bake in the oven for 5 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Mix the coconut yoghurt with the Rose Harissa to create the dressing.
- When ready to serve, place your vegetables and focaccia in the oven to warm through. Once warmed, place in a bowl with the kale and Balsamic Tomatoes to dress with the Merlot Vinegar, toss to combine and taste and season as necessary.
- Divide between plates, drizzle the yoghurt dressing onto the salad and serve.
Included in this Recipe
Early Harvest Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Single varietal, stone crushed, cold extracted, Extra Virgin Olive Oil made from the first Arbequina olives of the season.
Spicy, sultry Rose Harissa is one of our best sellers, famous in restaurant and domestic kitchens all over the UK.
Single varietal premium red wine vinegar, which is blended with grape juice for a bolder flavour
Balsamic Semi-Dried Tomatoes
These sweet Balsamic Semi-Dried Tomatoes are ideal for sharing platters and canapes. They are full of flavour and a colourful addition to any dish.