Whole roasted beetroot, sweet potatoes, courgette, and shallots with a Sherry Vinegar and Cornicabra Olive Oil dressing with whipped cured lemon feta and flatbreads
This is a great vegetarian BBQ feast. Of course, grilled meats can be added to the feast, but even if you are not vegetarian, we urge you to try this veggie-tastic spread! Simply replace the Greek yoghurt with a vegan alternative if you are so inclined! This meal calls for a lot of cold beers!
For the roasted vegetables:
600g sweet potatoes
300g large white onions
1 large head of garlic
For the whipped cured lemon feta:
225g Greek yoghurt
2 tbsp Cured Lemon Paste
For the dressing:
3 tbsp Gran Reserva Sherry Vinegar
8 tbsp Cornicabra Olive Oil
1 tsp sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 250C fan.
- Wrap the garlic bulb in foil. Place it along with the beetroot, sweet potatoes, and onions, in a large roasting tray. Use two trays to give them all some space.
- Place in the preheated oven and roast for around 40-50 minutes, or until you can easily put a knife through all the veg.
- In the meantime, place the feta into a food processor and blitz until crumbly. Add the yoghurt and Cured Lemon Paste and blitz for a couple of seconds to make the sauce. Remove into a bowl and set it in the fridge.
- Preheat your BBQ to a high heat. Slice the courgettes in half lengthwise, place in a bowl and coat with olive oil and season with salt.
- When cool enough to handle, peel the onions, and slice them. Set aside.
- Cut the beetroot and sweet potatoes in half.
- Grill the beetroot, sweet potatoes, and courgettes in batches. Depending on the size and strength of your BBQ this may take up to 15 minutes or so. Don’t forget the sweet potatoes and beetroot are cooked and the courgettes just need a quick sizzle and char, keeping some of their bite.
- Whilst your veg is grilling, take the roasted garlic bulb, cut in half and squeeze all the juicy sweet garlic into a small bowl. To it, add all the dressing ingredients, whisk, and set aside.
- Serve the roasted and grilled veg drizzled with the garlicky dressing, whipped cured lemon feta with lots of flatbreads and sourdough, along with those cold beers!
Included in this Recipe
Cured Lemon Paste
A zesty and velvety Primofiore lemon paste with a salty finish.
Gran Reserva Sherry Vinegar
Aged for at least 10 years in American oak Barrels.
Cornicabra Extra Virgin Olive Oil 500ml
Spanish single varietal extra virgin olive oil made from olives grown in Andalucia, this oil is perfect for cooking and for making dressings.