Rose Harissa Rack of Lamb with Herby Couscous
This fresh-flavoured roast is lightly spiced lamb with rose harissa accompanied by a herby and citrous couscous. An ideal dinner for two!
1 Rack of lamb with 6 chops
2tbsp Rose Harissa
300g Baby carrots, scrubbed and halved or quartered if very large
2tbsp Cornicabra Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra for greasing
1tsp Cumin seeds
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
150g Barley Couscous
Finely grated zest of 1 orange
1tsp Ground allspice
Handful of fresh parsley leaves, chopped
Handful of fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas Mark 6. Score the fat on the lamb rack with a sharp knife to make diamond shapes. Spread the Rose Harissa over the lamb to cover the fat and meat. Place on a greased baking tray.
- Roast for 20 minutes for rare, 25 minutes for medium and 30 minutes for well done. Rest for 10 minutes, covered with foil, once you have finished cooking the lamb.
- Meanwhile, place the carrots in a bowl with 1tbsp Cornicabra Olive Oil, the cumin seeds and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Toss to coat in the oil and cumin. Spread out on a baking tray and roast in the oven for 30 minutes or until tender and lightly charred.
- Place the Barley Couscous in a heatproof bowl. Add 200ml boiling water and cover with cling film or a saucer. Leave to soak for 10 minutes or until the couscous has absorbed all the water. Rake with a fork to fluff up the couscous, and then stir in the orange zest, allspice, parsley and mint.
- Slice the lamb into 6 chops. Serve with the couscous and roast carrots.
- Optional: Serve with natural yoghurt sprinkled with a pinch of Paprika as a cooling sauce with the lamb.
Included in this Recipe
Gaziello Mosto Naturale
Single varietal, creamy extra virgin olive oil from Liguria, the Italian Riviera
Pitted Nocellara del Belice
Pitted Nocellara Del Belice Storage condition: Keep chilled
Semi-Dried Tomatoes in Oil
Turkish tomatoes, semi-dried and preserved in oil with oregano and garlic. Chilled Product
Petit Lucques are perfect to accompany a fine sparkling white wine before dinner. Storage condition: chilled
Pitted Black Olives in Herbes de Provence
Moroccan black olives in a simple herbes de Provence dressing. Storage condition: chilled
Pitted Vinci® Olives
Big, green, crisp Chalkidiki olives with peppers and mushrooms. Our top-rated olive mix.
Pitted Harlequin® Olives
Pitted Chalkidiki and Uslu olives, with red peppers, garlic and a touch of chilli.
Herby mix with a chilli kick (but not quite as volcanic as their name suggests). Storage condition: chilled
Extra large olives with a firm bite and mild refreshing flavour from Andalucia. Storage condition: chilled
Pitted Smokey Salamanca®
Giant pitted Chalkidiki olives with smoked paprika, cayenne pepper and garlic. Storage condition: chilled
Pitted Zesty Maroc
Preserved lemon and coriander seeds give a punchy tang to Chalkidiki olives. Storage condition: chilled
Pitted Chilli Rosmarino
Chalkidiki olives in a chilli, rosemary and lemon marinade. Storage condition: chilled