Rose Harissa Rack of Lamb with Herby Couscous
This fresh-flavoured roast is lightly spiced lamb with rose harissa accompanied by a herby and citrous couscous. An ideal dinner for two!
1 Rack of lamb with 6 chops
2tbsp Rose Harissa
300g Baby carrots, scrubbed and halved or quartered if very large
2tbsp Cornicabra Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus extra for greasing
1tsp Cumin seeds
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
150g Barley Couscous
Finely grated zest of 1 orange
1tsp Ground allspice
Handful of fresh parsley leaves, chopped
Handful of fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas Mark 6. Score the fat on the lamb rack with a sharp knife to make diamond shapes. Spread the Rose Harissa over the lamb to cover the fat and meat. Place on a greased baking tray.
- Roast for 20 minutes for rare, 25 minutes for medium and 30 minutes for well done. Rest for 10 minutes, covered with foil, once you have finished cooking the lamb.
- Meanwhile, place the carrots in a bowl with 1tbsp Cornicabra Olive Oil, the cumin seeds and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Toss to coat in the oil and cumin. Spread out on a baking tray and roast in the oven for 30 minutes or until tender and lightly charred.
- Place the Barley Couscous in a heatproof bowl. Add 200ml boiling water and cover with cling film or a saucer. Leave to soak for 10 minutes or until the couscous has absorbed all the water. Rake with a fork to fluff up the couscous, and then stir in the orange zest, allspice, parsley and mint.
- Slice the lamb into 6 chops. Serve with the couscous and roast carrots.
- Optional: Serve with natural yoghurt sprinkled with a pinch of Paprika as a cooling sauce with the lamb.
Included in this Recipe
Spicy, sultry Rose Harissa is one of our best sellers, famous in restaurant and domestic kitchens all over the UK.
Smokey Flavoured Semi-Dried Tomatoes in Oil
Turkish semi dried tomatoes with a natural pine smoke flavour. Storage condition: chilled
Romeo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Cornicabra olives give this oil its characteristic fruitiness and robust finish
Pitted Cuquillo Niçoise
With an aromatic flesh and bitter skin, this olive is perfect in a Niçoise salad. Storage condition: chilled
Organic, single estate oil with gentle grass aromas and a creamy, peppery finish
Cardinale Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Complex, powerful, delicious. Single varietal, filtered Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Puglia, Southern Italy.
Cabernet Sauvignon Vinegar
Crisp dry wine vinegar - try it in a shallot vinaigrette to serve with seafood
Single varietal premium red wine vinegar, which is blended with grape juice for a bolder flavour
Italian Olive Mix
Nocellara, Bella di cerignola, Giarraffa & Nostraline - an olive mix of great pedigree Storage condition: chilled
Rich and fruity purple olives from the Peloponnese region of Greece. Storage condition: chilled
Ancient Ligurian varietal with a mellow, creamy taste. Chilled Product
Extra Virgin Garlic Infused Oil
Drizzle over grilled meat or vegetables... or add deep flavour to grains