Roast Potatoes with Rosemary, Black Truffle Olive Oil and Parmesan
Everyone knows that roast potatoes can make or break a roast dinner! Try Henry’s recipe this Christmas with Black Truffle Oil and Parmesan – the secret is to leave the potatoes to cool first before putting them into the hot oil, this way they absorb more and the result: crispy on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160ºC fan/gas mark 4.
- Wash and peel the potatoes and cut into quarters. Put them in a bowl and rinse under running water for 5 minutes.
- Cover the potatoes with water in a large saucepan then add the garlic, salt and ½ of the rosemary then bring to the boil. Cook for about 25-30 minutes, until the potatoes are soft and starting to break on the outside. Gently drain the potatoes into a colander and leave them to cool.
- Pour the olive oil into a roasting tray large enough to hold the potatoes on one layer. Place the tray in the oven for 15 minutes to preheat the oil.
- Carefully add the potatoes and cooked garlic cloves to the pan and coat them in the hot oil. Place the tray back in the oven for at least 1 hour and 15 minutes, turning the potatoes gently every 20 minutes, until they are golden brown and crispy all over. Drain any excess oil on kitchen paper and place in a bowl.
- Add the rosemary, a few pinches of sea salt and 3/4 of the cheese to the bowl and drizzle over the truffle oil and then toss to combine. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and serve.
Included in this Recipe
Pepe® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
A suffusion of Arbequina oils from Lleida, Catalonia
Black Truffle Extra Virgin Olive Oil
A little drizzle as you mash potato gives your roast dinners an indulgent edge
Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese 22 month
Authentic Parmigiano Reggiano or Parmesan cheese made in Italy Storage condition: chilled