Roast Cauliflower with Saffron Butter
A recipe that can hold it's own as a centre-piece and is a favourite amongst food-lovers. Hearty Cauliflower drizzled with a buttery saffron sauce, accompanied by sweet braised tomatoes and served with a fresh and zingy salad makes this a must-have dish.
For the cauliflower:
- 2x medium cauliflowers, washed and trimmed
- 3 tbsp Belazu Early Harvest Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
For the saffron butter:
- 2x sprigs of thyme
- Pinch Belazu Saffron
- 100gr butter
For the tomato and olive judion beans:
- 4 tbsp Belazu Early Harvest Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4x medium white onions, sliced
- 4 tbsp Belazu Tomato and Olive Tapenade
- 2x cloves garlic, crushed
- 1x 700gr jar Judion beans
For the orange, hazelnut and moscatel salad:
- Preheat the oven to 200C fan.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil, season heavily with salt and then add the trimmed cauliflower heads. Blanche for 3 minutes then drain on a rack carefully by removing them out of the water with the help of a slotted spoon. You want to keep that cauliflower as intact as possible!
- Place the cauliflowers in a roasting dish, drizzle with olive oil and season. Roast in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, for the judion beans, place a medium saucepan on a medium heat and add the olive oil along with the sliced onion and stir. Cook until soft for around 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the crushed garlic, along with the tomato and olive tapenade and cook for a couple of minutes before adding the Judion beans, along with 200ml of water. Season, bring to a boil, turn down to a simmer and and cook for 10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter along with the saffron and thyme.
- Once the 20 minutes on the cauliflower is up, drizzle the saffron butter over it and put back into the oven.
- Baste the cauliflower every 5 minutes for the next 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix the red onion with the moscatel vinegar, along with the orange, parsley, hazelnuts and olive oil. Season to taste.
- Serve the cooked beans with the roasted cauliflower, along with the orange salad and any buttery sauces left in the roasting tray.
Included in this Recipe
Classic sardinian pasta that is toasted for a deeper flavour
Also known as pearl couscous, it works well as a stuffing in peppers for a simple meal.
Aubergine and Parmesan Pesto
Smokey Mediterranean aubergines with tomato, Parmigiano Reggiano PDO and basil
Tomato and Balsamic Ketchup
Our new rich and thick tomato and balsamic ketchup is a perfect accompaniment, and gives an umami depth of flavour to any recipe.
Smoked Chilli Ketchup
Our new rich and thick smokey chilli ketchup is a perfect accompaniment to you dish, or add it to your cooking for a deep umami flavour
Rose Harissa Tomato Ketchup
Our new rich and thick rose harissa tomato ketchup has a gentle warmth that will add an umami depth of flavour to your cooking.
Urfa Chilli Paste
Sweet and smoky Turkish spice paste with red peppers.
Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese 22 month
Authentic Parmigiano Reggiano or Parmesan cheese made in Italy Storage condition: chilled
Dried Gigli Pasta
Gigli Pasta made with 100% Italian durum wheat
Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
Sun-dried tomatoes, vegetarian cheese, olive oil, herbs and garlic blended together to make a rich, versatile pesto
Middle Eastern spice paste with sweet apricot, ras el hanout and a chilli kick
Smoked Chilli Harissa
Middle Eastern spice paste with fiery chipotle chilli