Ricotta Pancakes with Raspberries and Pomegranate Molasses
The combination of ricotta and egg whites produce pancakes that are both light and tender with a slightly savoury tang. The recipe might seem more complex than a regular pancake but its very straightforward, quick to whip up and can be paired with different combinations through the seasons.
- Empty the ricotta in a large and bowl and break down with a large spoon or whisk. Add the milk and egg yolks and stir so that they are all completely combined.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into another bowl.
- Place the egg whites in a large clean bowl and whisk till stiff peaks are formed.
- Fold the flour mixture through the ricotta mix in 3 stages till completely mixed though. Then fold through the egg whites, in 3 stages, trying to keep the mixture as light and fluffy as possible. This mix can be made a few hours in advance if kept in the fridge.
- Place a large, preferably non stick frying pan on a medium heat and when hot, add 1 tsp of Olive Oil and swirl around the pan. Add a small ladle’s worth of the mix to the pan and allow to start cooking, then repeat so that you have 3 pancakes. Don’t try to do too many at once, as the temperature of the pan will drop. Cook for around 2 minutes, or until golden, turning the heat down to low if it looks they are getting too dark, then turn over using a spatula and cook for another minute or until cooked through. Transfer to a warm plate or low oven to keep warm whilst you repeat with the remainin
Included in this Recipe
Early Harvest Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Single varietal, stone crushed, cold extracted, Extra Virgin Olive Oil made from the first Arbequina olives of the season.
Pomegranate Molasses 500ml
Molasses made from 100% Turkish Pomegranates, perfect for drizzling over baked aubergines or adding to marinades.