Potato and Truffle & Artichoke Pesto Pizza
Try to get the potatoes as thin as possible for this pizza so they can crisp up. Keep the dish easy by using pre-made dough or go all out and home-make it. Prep the ingredients in advance and throw together when you’re ready to serve, perfect for your next pizza party!
- 2-3 medium potatoes, red skinned varieties work well
- salt and pepper
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, leaves finely chopped
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil, plus more for finishing
- 250g mozzarella
- 2 tbsp artichoke and truffle pesto
- 2 balls pizza dough, or
- plain flour for shaping/rolling out the dough
- If cooking the pizza in a home oven, heat your oven to its highest setting.
- Put a medium pan of seasoned water on a high heat and bring to the boil. Peel the potatoes then slice as thinly as possible (a mandolin is very useful for this, just watch your fingers). Add the potatoes, stir to separate the pieces and blanch for 3-5 minutes, or until beginning to soften but not fall apart. Drain into a colander, rinse with cold water then allow to dry. Place in a bowl, add the rosemary, olive oil and freshly ground black pepper, then mix to coat well.
- Flour your work surface, then roll out the pizza bases by stretching with your hands or using a rolling pin, until they are the size of a dinner plate. Place on a baking tray then rip the mozzarella into small pieces and spread over the bases. Spread the potatoes over the top, then dot with truffle and artichoke pesto. Place in the oven for 4-5 minutes or until the dough has puffed up around the edges and begun to crisp and the potatoes have taken on some colour.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with a little more extra virgin olive oil, then serve.
Included in this Recipe
Truffle & Artichoke Pesto
A blend of black truffles from Piedmont, artichokes from Puglia and aged Parmigiano Reggiano.
Early Harvest Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Single varietal, stone crushed, cold extracted, Extra Virgin Olive Oil made from the first Arbequina olives of the season.
Crete Gold Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Crete Gold 5L
Cornicabra Extra Virgin Olive Oil 500ml
Spanish single varietal extra virgin olive oil made from olives grown in Andalucia, this oil is perfect for cooking and for making dressings.
Romeo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Cornicabra olives give this oil its characteristic fruitiness and robust finish
Pepe® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
A suffusion of Arbequina oils from Lleida, Catalonia