Grilled Japanese aubergines with smoked chilli harissa, tahini, coriander, and almonds
For the aubergines:
500g Japanese baby aubergines, cut in half
2 tbsp Cornicabra Olive Oil
For the tahini sauce:
80g ice cold water
Juice of half a lemon
Salt to taste
25g coriander, chopped
20g toasted almonds, roughly chopped
2 tbsp Smoked Chilli Harissa
Juice of ½ lemon
1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat your grill or BBQ on a high heat.
- Salt the halved aubergines and place in a colander for 10 minutes or so.
- To make the tahini sauce, whisk all the ingredients together and set aside.
- Brush the flat side of the aubergines with olive oil and grill for around 5 minutes on each side.
- Whilst the aubergines are grilling, mix the chopped coriander, toasted almonds, smoked chilli harissa and olive oil in a bowl.
- Serve the aubergines with the tahini sauce and drizzle the smoked chilli harissa dressing all over.
Included in this Recipe
Skilfully roasted to release a rich, nutty, balanced flavour, our Tahini is then slowly double ground to create a creamy texture and a glossy finish.
Cornicabra Extra Virgin Olive Oil 500ml
Spanish single varietal extra virgin olive oil made from olives grown in Andalucia, this oil is perfect for cooking and for making dressings.
Smoked Chilli Harissa
Middle Eastern spice paste with fiery chipotle chilli
Early Harvest Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Single varietal, stone crushed, cold extracted, Extra Virgin Olive Oil made from the first Arbequina olives of the season.