Grilled asparagus, baby gem and spring onions with Cured Lemon Ricotta and organic balsamic vinegar chilli burnt butter
This dish is fresh and light with a lot of depth from the dressing and the grilled aspect. The Cured Lemon Paste elevates the ricotta with its tangy and rounded zestiness. The balsamic chilli burnt butter is fruity and rich.
250g asparagus, hard stems removed
150g spring onions
200g baby gem lettuce, cut into quarters
Salt and pepper
For the cured lemon ricota:
120g Cured Lemon Paste
Salt and pepper
For the balsamic and chilly burnt butter dressing:
½ tsp Pul biber chilli flakes
2 tbsp Organic Balsamic Vinegar
½ tsp salt
- Blanche the asparagus and whole spring onions in heavily salted boiling water for 1 minute. Drain and set aside.
- To make the cured lemon ricotta, mix the Cured Lemon Paste and ricotta along with some salt and pepper to taste. Store in the fridge until you are ready to use.
- Set your grill pan on a high heat. It will be ready to use when it is smoking hot.
- Coat the asparagus, spring onions and quartered gem lettuces in olive oil and season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Whilst your grill is getting hot, make the Organic Balsamic Vinegar and chilly burnt butter dressing. Set the butter in a small pan on a low heat and cook slowly until the butter foams and you start to see brown solids. This will take around 5 minutes. Take off the heat and immediately add the pul biber, salt and balsamic vinegar, whisking constantly, being careful as the mix will be hot and foamy. Set aside.
- Grill your vegetables all around until you can see some nice grill marks, always on a high heat. You can use a heavy pan to press them into the hot grill pan. You can also do this at a BBQ.
- Plate the cured lemon ricotta on a large platter, top with your grilled vegetables and drizzle your dressing (make sure to mix it) all over.
- Serve with crusty bread and maybe a glass of crisp orange wine.