Extra Virgin Fig Leaf Olive Oil & Green Olive Focaccia
Originally from Sheffield, Josh has worked in a string of Michelin starred restaurants including Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons, Dabbous, L’Autre Pied and Elystan Street. Now head chef at Ollie Dabbous’ brand new restaurant Hide, Josh is a driving force behind, what has been deemed as, the biggest and most exciting launch of the year.
- Whisk the water and yeast together to dissolve in the base of the mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and knead in a food mixer with a dough hook for 2 mins on low speed. Leave for 8 mins to rest, then mix for 5 mins on a low speed, then 10 mins on a medium speed.
- Transfer the dough to a work top, fold in on itself, then place in a large oiled baking tray and cover with cling film. Leave to prove for 1 hour until doubled in size.
- Remove the dough from the baking tray, fold once, then return to the baking tray and prove for another 30 mins.
- Fold the dough again on the worktop. Sprinkle the inside of the baking tray lightly with semolina, then place the dough back in the tray and spread it out with your fingers. Cover with cling film and leave to prove again until doubled in size.
- Preheat an oven to 220C fan, 230C nonfan. Place a bowl or tray of water in the base of the oven to generate some steam.
- Drizzle over the Extra Virgin Fig Leaf Olive Oil and water mix, and season with the Maldon salt. Bake for 25 mins, then remove and allow to cool.