Dark chocolate and Extra Virgin Olive Oil Truffles with Smoked Sea Salt
Prep 10 minutesCooking 45 minutes6 people
Incredibly rich, indulgent and unavoidably morish, these dark chocolate truffle with smoked sea salt will be a must-have for chocolate lovers, so you might want to make sure to hold some back for yourself!
- 200g 70% dark chocolate
- 125g water
- 125g Early Harvest Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 32g light soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp smoked sea salt / non smoked is fine is unavailable
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- Break the chocolate into small pieces in a heatproof bowl then add the olive oil.
- Put the water in a small pan, add the sugar and place on a high heat. Stir to dissolve the sugar. When the water begins to boil, pour over the chocolate and olive oil in one go. Stir with a metal spoon or small whisk vigorously till the chocolate has completely melted. Add the salt, stir to mix then cover with cling film or baking paper then place in the fridge to set.
- To shape the truffles, put the cocoa on a plate or small tub. Boil a small amount of water then pour into a cup. Take a small spoon (measuring spoons work well as they help give a rounded edge), heat in the hot water, scoop out a small amount then quickly roll into a ball, drop into the cocoa then roll in cocoa. Try to handle the chocolate as little as possible as it begins to melt quickly.
- Store in a tub in a fridge. When ready to eat remove from the fridge 20-30 minutes ahead, as this will allow the ganache to soften.