Crete Gold Ice Cream Sandwiches with Olive Oil Cookies
Prep 6 hoursCooking 10 minutes8 people
Greek Yoghurt and Crete Gold Ice Cream Sandwiches with Oat and Olive Oil Cookies.
For the Ice cream:
- 1 tin/397g sweetened condensed milk
- 500g full fat Greek yoghurt
- 60 ml/4tbsp Crete Gold Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1.5g/1/4tsp salt
- 200ml double cream
For the Oat Cookies:
- 140g self-raising flour
- 80g rolled oats
- 80g soft brown sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 5 tbsp Crete Gold Extra Virgin Olive Oil
To make the ice cream:
- To make the ice cream, mix the condensed milk, yoghurt, olive oil and salt in a bowl and whisk till smooth.
- Add the cream to a separate bowl, then whisk till it begins to thicken to a soft peak stage. Fold the cream into the yoghurt mix in 3 stages, aiming to keep as much air in the mix as possible. If the cream is a little stiff, you might need to gently whisk it to remove any lumps. Pour everything into a plastic 1.5 litre container and press cling film or baking paper onto the surface, then place in the freezer for a minimum of 5 hours. Depending on how long it has been in the freezer, you will need to allow it to soften a little before serving. If frozen solid, it will need between 10-20 minutes.
- When the ice-cream has softened, either scoop out or cut a slice of ice cream and sandwich between 2 oat cookies and repeat as required.
To make the Oat Cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- In a bowl mix together the self-raising flour, oats, soft brown sugar and salt until combined. Beat the egg in a sperate container, add the olive oil, then add to the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Using a tablespoon scoop, scoop the dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or silicon mat and flatten slightly. Bake in preheated oven for 9-10 minutes, until the cookies are just lightly browned on the edges.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool.