Crab Spaghetti with Balsamic Sun-Dried Tomato Paste
2 shallots, peeled and finely diced
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
100ml dry white vermouth or white wine
½ jar of Balsamic Sun-Dried Tomato Paste
100g brown crab
1tsp Sweet Smoked Paprika
Pinch chilli flakes
100g white crab
Small bunch of fresh basil (approx. 30g-40g)
Salt and pepper, to taste
200g Dried Spaghetti
½ lemon (optional)
- Place a medium frying pan on a medium heat and when hot, add the Olive Oil, shallots and garlic, season with salt and cook gently for 10 minutes or until soft and sweet. Turn down the heat if they begin to colour.
- Add the wine, turn up the heat and reduce by half. Add the Balsamic Sun-Dried Tomato Paste, brown crab, Paprika, chilli flakes and season with black pepper. Add half a glass of water, stir well to break up the brown crab meat and simmer gently for 5-10 minutes or until everything has reduced to a ragu-like consistency. Taste and season with more salt and pepper if required.
- If doing ahead, allow the sauce to cool then refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place a large pot of water on a high heat, season well with salt and bring to the boil, then add the Spaghetti and cook for 8-10 minutes, or follow the instructions on the packet. When cooked, drain the Spaghetti and set aside.
- Warm the tomato sauce up – if it looks a little dry, add a splash of water. Flake in the white crab meat, reserving a little to put on top if you wish, and stir through. Add the cooked Spaghetti, mix well so it is all coated, again, adding a little water if it looks too dry. The sauce should coat all the Spaghetti but there should not be too much sitting at the bottom of the pan. Tear up (or roughly chop) the basil and add into the pan. Mix through again and divide between plates. Squeeze over lemon if using and serve straight away.
Included in this Recipe
Early Harvest Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Single varietal, stone crushed, cold extracted, Extra Virgin Olive Oil made from the first Arbequina olives of the season.
Smoked Paprika - Sweet
Sweet Spanish Nora peppers are smoked over Extremadura holly oak
Dried Spaghetti Pasta
Dried Spaghetti Pasta made with 100 % Italian Durum wheat