Chicken and Lentil Tagine on Couscous
If you’re on the lookout for recipes with chicken, this tagine is simplicity itself. Our rich and smokey tagine paste suits it perfectly, especially when you fancy something just a little spicy…but not assertively so. Perfect for a midweek dinner.
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy based pan or casserole over a medium-high heat. Add the onion to the pan and cook until softened and translucent.
- Add the chicken and fry for 5 minutes until browned.
- Stir in the paste and then pour the chicken stoke into the pan, scraping up any browned bits on the bottom of the pan.
- Add the lentils, bring to a simmer and cook, covered, on a medium heat for 15-20 minutes, stirring once or twice, until the chicken is cooked through. Depending on the lentils you may need to add a splash more water.
- To make the couscous, place 100g of couscous into a bowl, pour over 200ml of boiling water (or stock), cover, and leave for about 5 minutes then fluff up with a fork.
- Season the tagine to taste, spoon over couscous to serve.
Included in this Recipe
Our nutty high fibre couscous that has been awarded a Great Taste star in 2012.
Cornicabra Extra Virgin Olive Oil 500ml
Spanish single varietal extra virgin olive oil made from olives grown in Andalucia, this oil is perfect for cooking and for making dressings.
Smoked paprika and pickled lemons add a bold complex flavour to this Moroccan classic. Use it to add depth to any one pot dish, the classic tagine being just one example.