Prep 45 minutesCooking 5 minutes4 people
Ross Gibbens uses chervil leaves in this homemade pasta dough which is delicately finished with our Verdemanda Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Mix the flour, eggs, egg yolks, olive oil & salt together and knead until you create a smooth dough.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove from fridge and begin to roll out.
- If you have one, roll your dough through a pasta machine (alternatively use a rolling pin) until you get an evenly colored, thin dough.
- Keep dropping the thickness until you get to the thinnest setting (or 1mm).
- Lay out your pasta sheet on a flat surface and place chervil leaves over half of the dough. Then fold the uncovered half back over the leaves and dough.
- Roll the dough to it’s previous thickness to create your chervil pasta sheets.
- If you have a tagliatelle attachment, pass the dough through. Alternatively, use a sharp knife to cut the pasta into 1cm strips. Hang strips over a chair to dry for 20 minutes minimum.
- Add salt to boiling water and cook the pasta for approximately 2 minutes or until it has a slight bite to it.
- Drain and place in a bowl before finishing liberally with Verdemanda Extra Virgin Olive Oil and shaved parmesan.