Blood Orange Salad with Balsamic Pearls, Verdemanda Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Baked Feta
The combination of blood oranges, red chicory and celeriac creates a strikingly coloured salad, with sharpness from the Balsamic Pearls, and a soft saltiness from the warm baked feta cheese. Dressed in Verdemanda Extra Virgin Olive Oil this is a texturally varied salad that will add colour and flavour to your day!
- Heat an oven to 175C/Fan 155C/Gas Mark 3. Peel the skin from the celeriac, place the skin in a bowl and toss in vegetable oil and salt. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until crisp then remove from the oven and set aside.
- Wrap the feta cheese in tinfoil, or place on a small baking tray, sprinkle with chilli flakes and place in the oven to soften.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel the remaining celeriac into ribbons, place in a bowl and season with salt and a little of the Verdemanda Olive oil, set aside.
- Use a paring knife to cut the skin and pith from the blood oranges, then cut out each segment with a bowl underneath to catch the juice. Place the blood orange flesh in the same bowl as the celeriac ribbons. Add the remaining Verdemanda to the blood orange juice to create a dressing and set aside.
- Remove the base from the chicory and slice thinly into vertical strips, place in the bowl along with the celeriac ribbons and blood oranges. Mix together and season with salt and pepper. Divide the salad between plates.
- Dot balsamic pearls over the salads, followed by the crispy celeriac skin. Finally, remove the feta from the oven and use a spoon to crumble over the salads, then sprinkle with parsley.