Beetroot Fritters with Courgette Mezze and Zesty Yoghurt
Beetroot fritters are an easy vegan brunch or light lunch dish. We topped our fritters with a zesty yogurt and a spoonful of our delicious Courgette Mezze.
2 beetroots, peeled and coarsely grated
2 medium white potatoes, coarsely grated
3 spring onions, finely chopped
½tsp ground coriander
¼tsp ground black pepper
4tbsp plain flour
150ml sunflower oil
100g coconut yoghurt
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
1 lemon, zested
Small bunch of mint (approx. 30g)
5tbsp Courgette Mezze
- Mix the grated vegetables together and add 1/2tsp of salt to draw out the moisture and leave for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze and drain the excess liquid from the vegetables before adding the spices and flour, mix until combined.
- Place a large frying pan on a medium heat, add the sunflower oil so that it covers the pan and is 1cm deep, adjust if necessary. Once the oil is hot, gently place 1tbsp of the mixture in the pan, loosely flattening with a spatula. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until crispy and repeat until all the mixture has been used up.
- For the yoghurt dressing, mix the coconut yoghurt, fresh chilli, lemon zest and mint together.
- To serve stack the fritters and finish with a generous spoonful of the yoghurt mixture and Courgette Mezze.