Aubergine Risotto with Parmesan Crisp
Adding our Aubergine Mezze into the risotto once it has nearly finished cooking enhances the aubergine flavour whilst giving a creamy texture. The parmesan crisps are an easy way to add texture to the risotto whilst adding an air of elegance and professionalism!
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees. Add 3 tbsp of the oil to a large heavy bottomed pan and place on a medium heat, meanwhile peel and dice the onion and add to the pan with the garlic and soften slowly.
- Cut the aubergine into cubes and toss in the remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil and some salt. Place onto a lined baking sheet and roast in the oven for 10 minutes or until nicely coloured and soft.
- Increase the heat of the hob to medium high and add the rice to the pan and stir for 2 to 3 minutes, then add the wine and stir for a further 2 to 3 minutes before adding half the stock.
- Stir the risotto regularly, adding more stock as it is absorbed until all the stock has been added or the rice is cooked. Add the Aubergine Mezze, roasted aubergine and the butter, lemon juice and salt.
- Sprinkle over the chopped parsley and serve.