Aubergine Mezze, Tahini and Yoghurt Dip with Tomatoes and Toasted Pitta
- 300g ripe tomatoes, a mixture of colours and shapes is nice but not essential
- Salt and pepper
- 1 jar Aubergine Mezze
- 4tbsp Tahini
- 2tbsp Early Harvest Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 60g Greek yoghurt
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Use water from toms to loosen
- 15g / 1 small bunch flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 4 pitta breads, to serve
- Cut the tomatoes into small pieces, then place in colander with a bowl underneath, season well with salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil, gently mix and allow to drain for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the Aubergine Mezze with the Tahini, 2tbsp olive oil, yoghurt and lemon juice and stir till smooth and completely combined. If very thick, use some of the tomato juice to loosen. Add around ¾ of the chopped parsley and stir through, then taste and season with salt and pepper if you feel it needs.
- Toast the pittas so they are warm then cut into small pieces. To serve, pile the tomatoes on top of the aubergine dip, then sprinkle with the remaining parsley.
Included in this Recipe
Skilfully roasted to release a rich, nutty, balanced flavour, our Tahini is then slowly double ground to create a creamy texture and a glossy finish.
Early Harvest Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Single varietal, stone crushed, cold extracted, Extra Virgin Olive Oil made from the first Arbequina olives of the season.
Aubergine, garlic and paprika in a subtle paste that works well in a mezze or as a spread