Beef, Urfa Chilli Paste and Pomegranate Molasses arayes with tahini sauce
For the arayes:
350g beef mince
2 medium red onions, grated
40g parsley, chopped
1 clove garlic, finely grated
25g/2 tbsp Urfa Chilli Paste
30g / 3 tbsp Pomegranate Molasses
1 tsp salt
½ tsp cracked black pepper
4x100g round pitas
For the tahini sauce:
Juice of ½ lemon
¼ tsp salt
1 tbsp Urfa Chilli Paste
2 tbsp Cornicabra Olive OIl
- Preheat the oven to 180C fan.
- Mix the beef mince, grated onions, 30g chopped parsley, garlic, Urfa Chilli Paste, Pomegranate Molasses, salt and pepper. Kneed the mix with your hands in the bowl for a couple of minutes to tenderise the meat.
- Divide your meat mixture into 8 balls, which should be around 45g each, and place in the fridge for at least 10 minutes.
- Slice the pitas in half and separate each half to create a pocket. The fresher your pitas, the easier this will be.
- Place a ball of meat mixture into each pita pocket and press to fill the whole space. Flatten as much as you can without squeezing any of the filling out.
- Repeat with the rest of the pitas and mix. Place the arayes in the fridge for 10 minutes whilst you make the tahini sauce. You can also store these in the fridge overnight and cook them the next day.
- Make the tahini sauce by whisking the Tahini with water, lemon juice and ¼ tsp salt. Place in the fridge until ready to eat. Whisk the Urfa Chilli Paste with the Cornicabra Olive Oil and set aside.
- Heat a grill pan on a high heat.
- Brush the arayes all around with Cornicabra Olive Oil and grill on both sides of the pita for 3-4 minutes on each side. The aim is to get the grill marks on both sides. Grill the meat pocket opening for around 5 minutes, until you get a nice charring. Place in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, or until cooked inside. The temperature of the filling should be above 75C and the arayes should feel firm but not hard.
- Serve with tahini sauce, drizzled with the urfa oil mixture, and the remaining chopped parsley.
Included in this Recipe
Cornicabra Extra Virgin Olive Oil 500ml
Spanish single varietal extra virgin olive oil made from olives grown in Andalucia, this oil is perfect for cooking and for making dressings.
Urfa Chilli Paste
Sweet and smoky Turkish spice paste with red peppers.
Pomegranate Molasses 500ml
Molasses made from 100% Turkish Pomegranates, perfect for drizzling over baked aubergines or adding to marinades.
Skilfully roasted to release a rich, nutty, balanced flavour, our Tahini is then slowly double ground to create a creamy texture and a glossy finish.