Rose Harissa Rack of Lamb
- 7th February
- No Comments
Rose harissa rack of lamb with herby barley couscous
What better time of year to cook with rose petals than Valentine’s Day? Petals are used widely in cooking across the Middle East to add a fragrant dimension to meat vegetable or couscous dishes – anything that needs an added wow factor! Aside from the rose petals, our Rose Harissa contains over 40 different herbs and spices and can transform a dish with only a spoonful. This roasted rack of lamb is a dish to really impress your loved one, that only takes 15 minute to prepare and will be remembered long after the Valentine bouquet has wilted!
Preparation time: 15 minutes to prepare, 30-35 minutes to cook + resting
1 rack of lamb with 6 chops
2 tbsp Belazu Rose Harissa
300g baby carrots, scrubbed and halved or quartered if very large
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for greasing
1 tsp cumin seeds
Finely grated zest of 1 orange
1 tsp round all spice
Handful of fresh parsley leaves, chopped
Handful of fresh mint leaves, chopped
1) Preheat the oven to gas mark 6/200°C/fan oven 180C. Score the fat on the lamb rack with a sharp knife to make diamond shapes. Spread the harissa over the lamb to cover the fat and meat. Place on a greased baking tray.
2) Roast for 20 minutes for rare, 25 minutes for medium and 30 minutes for well done. Rest for 10 minutes, covered with foil, once you have finished cooking the lamb.
3)Meanwhile, place the carrots in a bowl with 1 tbsp olive oil, the cumin seeds and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Toss to coat in the oil and cumin. Spread out on a baking tray and roast in the oven for 30 minutes or until tender and lightly charred.
4) Place the couscous in a heatproof bowl. Add 200ml boiling water and cover with clingfilm or a saucer. Leave to soak for 10 minutes or until the couscous has absorbed all the water.
5) Rake with a fork to fluff up the couscous, and then stir in the orange zest, allspice, parsley and mint.
6) Slice the lamb into 6 chops. Serve with the couscous and roast carrots.
* Serve natural yogurt sprinkled with a pinch of paprika as a cooling sauce with the lamb.
Rose Harissa Roast Rack of Lamb Recipe submitted by Jassy Davis
Jassy is the author of the Gin and Crumpets Blog